fbpx

 Logo ISIAAADIDESS
Quick facts 

Name: Federico Wenzel

NATIONALITIES: Argentinean  Argentinean Flag icon  –  Italian  Italian Flag icon

Languages: English, Spanish, Italian & Portuguese

HEIGHT: 175cm (5ft 9in)

WEIGHT: 80kg (176 lb)

OCCUPATION:

  • Medical Doctor specialized in Occupational Medicine
  • “Top Class” Ski Instructor & General Coordinator of the Ski & Snowboard School at Cerro Perito Moreno Ski Resort, Argentina.
  • Boot-fitter

MAIN LOCATION: El Bolsón, Río Negro Province, Argentina

CERTIFICATION: AADIDESS Level 2 Certification (Argentine Ski & Snowboard Instructors Association)

HOME MOUNTAINCerro Perito Moreno Ski Resort, El Bolsón, Argentina

CURRENTLY SKIS ON: 165cm Fischer RC4 WorldCup FIS Slalom, 193cm Fischer RC4 WorldCup Giant Slalom

CURRENT BOOTS: Lange Raceplug R2006 World Cup boot ZB (flex 140)

CURRENT POLES: Komperdell 120cm Slalom NationalTeam Carbon ski poles

SPONSORS: Cerro Perito Moreno Ski Resort

Federico Wenzel Ski Instructor
Fede Wenzel Ski Instructor signed

About Me… 

I’m a Medical DoctorProfessional Ski Instructor/Coach and Bootfitter with more than 15 years of ski teaching experience, based in the wild Andean Patagonia (Argentina). I grew up skiing on a very small ski resort where the only run it had was very steep (black diamond) and rarely groomed at all.

Learning to ski on such a difficult terrain full of bumps, ruts and steepness was a big challenge, but it did pay off in the long run.

For me, learning to ski wasn’t easy at all. When I was starting, I took no lessons and it was basically self-taught. It took me a huge amount of time, effort (and obviously lots of crashes) to be able to ski the whole mountain with confidence and control.

That’s the main reason why, in the first place, I became a ski instructor later on. To try to facilitate the learning process of new skiers, helping this sport to grow more and more. ski instructor argentina

The key is that with quality instruction, particularly from the early stages, you can learn and improve your skiing way much faster, and way much safer. And that means enjoying your days in the mountain a lot more, from the beginning.

 The real skiing, the most thrilling and enjoyable one, is all about “carving”. But only 10% of all recreational skiers can actually carve a turn. So there is a lot of work for us, instructors, to help the other 90% experience those incredible feelings and sensations generated on the 100% edge locked “arc to arc” carved turns.

That’s what encourages me the most! To help skiers get to that level of enjoyment!

Skiing is definitely my passion, my way of living!

See you on the slopes! 

Contact

Latest Posts

The #1 Best Ski Drill Ever…

The #1 Best Ski Drill Ever…

Practicing on-snow fundamental drills is the best way to start the ski season. In fact, December is commonly "drill month" for ski racers. Ski drills are a way of exaggerating the correct or proper ski movements. They are used mainly for two things: a) acquire new...

read more
A Step-by-step Guide to Carving…

A Step-by-step Guide to Carving

Carving is the ultimate skiing, the essence of the current ski technique, and the passionof groomer lovers. The tiramisu of on-piste skiing, the art form all want to achieve, the holy grail..."Feel the sensation of the edges biting and catapulting you around the...

read more
Focusing on the inside leg: the key to success…

Focusing on the inside leg: the key to success…

In high-level skiing, we focus (or pay attention) more on the inside leg work, than the outside one. While skiing down the slope, we should concentrate on flexing and tipping the inside leg. The outside leg is the dominant regarding balance/weight, but not in terms of...

read more